Posted to alt.home.repair
Thomas Thomas is offline

Default Screensaver for sony x80h 55inch

On Friday, November 20, 2020 at 5:40:02 AM UTC-5, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 11/20/20 12:17 AM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 19 Nov 2020 21:10:53 -0600, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 20:22:40 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 11/19/2020 7:00 PM, Thomas wrote:
Can i put one on this tv ?

Sure, but do you think you really need one? The CRT a d plasma needed
them but no more. Unless you just like the changing pictures or colors.

There are a couple of free Roku channels that act as screensavers, i.e.,
ever changing videos intended to interest or amuse. One turns your big
screen TV into a very colorful and realistic aquarium while the other
becomes a very realistic fireplace. Both of them include sound effects.

Yeah, that channel was an option in the tv I just bought. Called Nature
Free or maybe a better name is xstart.su.

It also has a beach and a running stream within a forest. I think my
dentist plays that so we won't notice all the pain he causes. Just
kidding, he's actually painless, except once for 5 seconds.

And maybe 1 or 2 other scenes.

Thomas' mention of the 55 inch screen reminded me of the old Hamm's
beer signs. The one I remember had a waterfall and a bear. It was in a
bar
in Pleasant Hill, NE.
This is similar.
https://www.collectorsweekly.com/articles/hamms-scene-o-rama-beer-sign-bliss/

Thanks all. I wanted to just see something while movies on pause while cooking.
I ended up at google play for a few free apps.
All is good. Still learning this smart tv.