Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default My nemesis, that leaf blower again...

So I used it again the other day, ran for about 30 mins this time, then started struggling again.
I just ordered a new carb. When I had it apart, I noticed that the diaphragm that serves as the
fuel pump appeared to be stretched. IDK how tight or loose it's supposed to be, but I think
new ones are tighter, like a drum. Wonder if that's what's wrong? A new carb was only $10,
so I'm giving it a shot. Even if it's not and I get it straightened out, having a spare is handy.
But if it is the diaphragm thing, I can't explain why it works for 30 mins, then craps out.
At least it works long enough to mostly get what I need done, so far.