Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default GE Appliance warranty service not so good

On 11/20/2020 10:27 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Ed Pawlowski writes:
Never a fan of GE appliances but it is what the builder put in the
kitchen of our house. We upgraded the models but stuck with the brand.
For the most part, they are OK but after 22 months, the garbage disposal
died.

The only thing GE did was assure I will never buy anything from them
again. The repair guy that came out was good, he has no blame but has
little support.

General Electric hasn't make appliances for over a decade. They sold the rights to
use their name.

"GE Appliances is an American appliance manufacturer based
in Louisville, Kentucky, USA. It is majority owned by Haier.
It is one of the largest appliance brands in the United
States and manufactures appliances under a house of brands
which include: GE, GE Profile, Café, Monogram, Haier and Hotpoint."

Actually they sold the appliance business lock, stock and barrel,
including the brands, and not quite that long ago. GE had bought
Hotpoint back in the early 50s.

The deal with Haier was announced in Jan, 2016, and the transaction
completed in June same year.

The Louisville, KY, facility is the same location.

https://www.ge.com/news/press-releases/ge-agrees-sell-appliances-business-haier-54b

Actually, the final sale went for $5.6B instead of $5.4 it appears.