Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default NiMh battery charging.

On Wed, 18 Nov 2020 15:08:30 +0000, PeterC
wrote:

snip

Whilst 150mA is still nearly twice the recommended value for the
AAA's, it's a bit better than the 200mA on the other charger so thanks
for that. ;-)

I found out by just pressing the 2 buttons - quite often a slightly longer
press will disclose another function.

Yeah, I think I had done / found that previously but didn't 'notice'
the practical consequences (I saw the setting change but not the
current so just set it back again)..

Pity that it doesn't hold that
setting.

Yeah.

Just in case you haven't found out, holding in the upper button for a couple
of seconds kills the display, almost - still dicernable in a good light but
no light for charging at night.

Funnily enough, yes, I have found that (by experiment) but with the
light I was in at the time, couldn't see much at all. I get people
turn them off when they have the charger on in their bedroom but that
backlight isn't particularly bright and there are plenty of other
things on with LED's in our bedroom for it not really notice if I had
the charger in there.

I tend to charge overnight, as I won't go
out and leave anything on charge, just in case.

I don't like leave things charging overnight because we *are* there
and asleep. I will leave some things charging when out (like the
YC4000 but typically only on the lowest settings and NiCad / NiMh.

Cheers, T i m