Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default NiMh battery charging.

On Tue, 17 Nov 2020 13:15:10 +0000, T i m wrote:

On Tue, 17 Nov 2020 12:01:54 +0000, PeterC
wrote:

On Tue, 17 Nov 2020 11:36:16 +0000, T i m wrote:

Does anyone know of a multi-cell / intelligent NiMh ( NiMH only would
be ok) charger that would take a minimum of 1 to 4 cells (not in pairs
as some torches and the like have 3 cells) and with either 100mA
charge option for AAA's or user setable down that low please?

Nearest that I know is one that I bought after asking on here
https://www.7dayshop.com/products/ni...batteries-ntd4
It's out of stock on 7Day - that site seems to be short of many items - so
Ebay might be worth a try.

Oh, I have already one of those (D4EU) Peter (and use it mainly for
18650's) and I have used it for the higher capacity AA's.

Standard is 350mA but each 'channel' (the bays are independent) can be set
to 175mA.

Oh, that's interesting (and would be handy if it could). OOI, I
currently have an AA and AAA in mine and both slots suggest they are
charging at 375mA.

Going on what you said though, I just had a play (what manual? g)
and found you can indeed toggle between '-dV/dt' and '-dV/dt Low' and
on low it drops to 150mA. ;-)

Whilst 150mA is still nearly twice the recommended value for the
AAA's, it's a bit better than the 200mA on the other charger so thanks
for that. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

I found out by just pressing the 2 buttons - quite often a slightly longer
press will disclose another function. Pity that it doesn't hold that
setting.
Just in case you haven't found out, holding in the upper button for a couple
of seconds kills the display, almost - still dicernable in a good light but
no light for charging at night. I tend to charge overnight, as I won't go
out and leave anything on charge, just in case.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away