Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default NiMh battery charging.

On 18 Nov 2020 at 13:56:15 GMT, "The Natural Philosopher"
wrote:

On 18/11/2020 13:49, Roger Hayter wrote:
On 18 Nov 2020 at 13:20:43 GMT, "The Natural Philosopher"
wrote:

On 18/11/2020 12:41, jon wrote:
I would hope capacitors would supercede cells eventually, but they are
expensive at the moment.

Bless! Are you an Art Student?

Must be. Can't even spell supersede...

I'm hoping for little, hand wound perpetual motion machines that just need
winding up every day to overcome losses will produce indefinite amounts of
electricity to replace batteries. You know, like when you stroke a dry cat
on
a nylon carpet. I expect it is the insulation that is the biggest technical
problem.

Actually what I want is an an Atomic Aga. With back boiler. Running off
the decay heat of high level nuclear waste. When not employed cooking,
the heat is diverted to a back boiler for central heating and DHW, or to
a Stirling engine to generate electricity....

After 60 years you give the no longer hot waste back to Sellafield, and
receive another free brick of hot nuclides...

I suppose that is actually technically possible with a big lead bunker outside
- but not feasible engineering-wise because the nice bit of fresh Plutonium
you'd actually need would be too expensive. Plus all the compliance costs.

--
Roger Hayter