Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default DIY Smart Meter?

On 17/11/2020 21:08, DJC wrote:
On 17/11/2020 17:17, Martin Brown wrote:

Not dissimilar to an oil tank Watchman and the batteries typically
last a few years so it isn't much of a hassle.

Official Watchman replacement batteries are a ripoff though but tear
down instructions for rep[lacing one are available on Utube.

My Watchman. instruction leaflet included battery replacement
instructions. Just a standard CR2430 from eBay.

I replaced a battery in a sensor a few years ago. The property was in a
rural village where the majority of people have an oil or LPG tank (no
mains gas). Those with oil usually have the same type of level sensors
so probably a reasonable market for the type of coin cell they take. I
had to resort to Ebay as the battery seemed not to be stocked by any
hardware/agricultural store anywhere in a wide locality, even though
most stocked other types of coin cell.