Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Microwave Cutting Out - Panasonic NN-SD271S!

On 17/11/2020 09:45, Mike Halmarack wrote:
On Mon, 16 Nov 2020 04:21:31 -0800 (PST), Eoin Mitchell
wrote:

Hi,

I've recently reconfigured my kitchen and have re-located my "Panasonic NN-SD271S" microwave in an open cupboard above my AEG double oven.

The microwave previously sat on the worktop.

The Microwave runs for around 40 secs and then cuts out completely. There are no error codes. No signs of overheating.

Could the position above the oven be a factor?

Any thoughts or info would be appreciated.

I just overcame my microwave problems by buying a new one.
Pity it got so bashed about in transit.

While dithering about whether to buy a cheap no-name
turntable motor from CPC or your slightly used one,
my Sharp Combi Microwave oven suddenly stopped
microwaving. The cooling fan runs, but the buzzing
noise that comes from the 'radar' unit is silent and
nothing heats up.
Annoyingly, it's best feature, the dual heater grill
and/or convection oven still works and only Sharp had
this feature. Other makes seem to just have a quartz
grill heater that doubles up as the convection heat
source (I think). They lack the infra-red heater that
yours and my Sharp model had under the turntable.

When you get a replacement 'Sharp' oven, let us know
if it is as good as the original (Japanese) one.