Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default LED solar powered lights

On 14/11/2020 17:16, Martin Brown wrote:

The are professionally designed please go around the dangerous bend
signs with radar activated sensors on some of the road where I live.
They work perfectly inn mid summer and for an hour or so after sunset in
mid-winter but they are always stone dead on any frosty winters morning.

I am told they destroy a set of SLA lead acid batteries every winter.

There's one I know of that has a little wind turbine on the top too.
Rumour has it it cost 30k...

I think I prefer the solution used by a farmer near here. After two
people took out his 'phone service over a couple of months - broke the
pole off - there's now a super-sized bale at the bottom of it.

The impact has to be softer.

Andy