Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Microwave Cutting Out - Panasonic NN-SD271S!

Unless its actually getting too hot, the best way to prove it is to move it
somewhere else for now. Most microwaves cut out and in and out if the cavity
is empty, or almost so, to protect the Magnetron from damage by high
standing waves getting back into the waveguide that they use to get to the
cooking cavity. Of course sods law may have dictated that there is a fault
or dry joint and only moving it has shown it up which is why I'd first test
it back where it used to be to see what happens.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Eoin Mitchell" wrote in message
Hi,

I've recently reconfigured my kitchen and have re-located my "Panasonic
NN-SD271S" microwave in an open cupboard above my AEG double oven.

The microwave previously sat on the worktop.

The Microwave runs for around 40 secs and then cuts out completely. There
are no error codes. No signs of overheating.

Could the position above the oven be a factor?

Any thoughts or info would be appreciated.