Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Microwave Cutting Out - Panasonic NN-SD271S!

On 16/11/2020 12:21, Eoin Mitchell wrote:
Hi,

I've recently reconfigured my kitchen and have re-located my
"Panasonic NN-SD271S" microwave in an open cupboard above my AEG
double oven.

The microwave previously sat on the worktop.

The Microwave runs for around 40 secs and then cuts out completely.
There are no error codes. No signs of overheating.

Could the position above the oven be a factor?

Any thoughts or info would be appreciated.

They are equipped with thermal cutouts

Try it somewhere else in case that is the problem

A moments googling reveals you haven't RTFM

Placement of your oven
======================
This oven is intended for *counter-top use only* It is not intended for
built-in use or use inside a cupboard
Counter-top use:
1. Place the oven on a flat and stable surface more than 85 cm above the
floor.
2. When this oven is installed, it should be easy to isolate the
appliance from the electricity supply by pulling out the plug or
operating a circuit breaker.
3. For proper operation, ensure a sufficient air circulation for the oven.
4. Allow *15cm* of space on the *top* of the oven, *10cm* at the back,
*5cm* on one side, and the other side must be opened *more than 40cm*
5. Do not place this oven near an electric or gas cooker range
6. The feet should not be removed
7. This oven is only for household usage. Do not use outdoors
8. Avoid using the oven in high humidity.
9. The power cord should not touch the outside of the oven. Keep the
cord away from hot surfaces. Do not let the cord hang over the edge of a
table or work top. Do not immerse the cord,plug or oven in water.
10. *Do not block the air vents on the sides and back of the oven*. If
these openings are blocked during operation the oven may overheat. In
this case the oven is protected by a *thermal safety device* and resumes
operation only after cooling down.
11. This appliance is not intended to be operated by means of an
external timer or separate remote-control
system If your AC outlet is not grounded, it is the personal
responsibility of the customer to have it replaced with a properly
grounded wall socket.

Operation voltage
The voltage has to be the same as specified on the label on the oven. If
a higher voltage than specified is used, it may cause a fire or other
damage.

--
Of what good are dead warriors? €¦ Warriors are those who desire battle
more than peace. Those who seek battle despite peace. Those who thump