Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack[_3_] Mike Halmarack[_3_] is offline

Default aluminium cover strips at doorway carpet joints

Some of mine are carpet to carpet, others are carpet to tile.
With several of them the carpet has moved/shrunk, exposing a ragged
edge. I would like to replace the aluminium strips with wider ones to
compensate.

I've tried to gently lever one or two up but they seem very resistant.
The floor beneath is concrete to which the strips seem very firmly
fixed. Not having much idea how to remove and replace them I'd much
appreciate some advice.
--

Mike