Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Runner Runner is offline

Default can't figure correct resistance for teflon coated copper wire

On 11/14/20 2:47 PM, Peter W. wrote:
I don't get it. We purchased two Sunbeam extra-large heating pads with five (5) year warranties. One failed in short order and was replaced in short order. The other is going strong after four (4) years. We purchased through Amazon so there would be no nonsense with losing receipts. From what has been discussed here, they seem to fail on an hourly basis and no one invokes the warranty??

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Three of my Sunbeam blankets failed within the five year warranty
period. I returned and exchanged each for replacements direct from
Sunbeam. However, the big catch is with the shipping. Even with
blankets that fail, Sunbeam does not pay shipping cost to ship the
defective blanket to them, and when paying $15 for insured shipping,
this almost defeats the entire process when the blankets were purchased
on sale for around $20 to $25. Besides, by the third time, Sunbeam had
become far less responsive and I had to contact them a lot more to get
them moving on the final blanket. And, yes, they were strict about
receipts, blanket tags, and such so don't forget anything and keep
copies of all.

Why all this and not have a blanket that simply works? Not for a single
season, but for years like they once had. Beats me.