Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Tire question

On Sat, 14 Nov 2020 17:10:06 -0800, Bob F wrote:

On 2020-11-14 05:05, Frank wrote:
We now have a family friend at SOA and get the VIP deals on them.
He is very*conservative*BTW.

So are the both of use!!

Today*I*drive*a*2019*Crosstrek*and*get*over*30*mpg .

I get about 24.4 MPG city on my 2006 Forester with
pure gasoline.* About 22.0 MPG on that alcohol crap.

The good stuff is consistently 40 cents more per gallon,
but the miles per dollar are the same.

They do not sell ethanol free gas here and makes no sense that ethanol
free costs more.

Hmmmm, 15,000 stations but none in DE.
https://www.pure-gas.org/

No idea on the price aside from "because we can"* On a car forum a guy
did tests and he got roughly 22 mpg on ethanol, 24 mpg on straight gas
so the cost per miles was the same for him

I know of one station near me that sells lead free gas. It is not cheap,
probably because not much of it is sold. I bought some for my 2 stroke
equipment.

Around here it's not cheap either, because it is only PREMIUM gas -
but about half of the stations' premium is lead free