Gary Slusser

Default Water Softener for sensitive skin

"wendi" wrote in message
You have to run your water through a water softener before it reaches a
reverse osmosis system or the calcium in the water will shortly plug the
"bladder" in the reverse osmosis. And that's a major expense to be
replacing every six months or so.

What do you mean by the "bladder"? You mean the filter?

Have you considered using hypo-allergenic soap to wash with. I find

that
have to use it whether I have soft water or not. Normal soaps with any

type
of fragrance will cause a sensitive, almost burning sensation.

I use everything hypo-allergenic and frangrance free, but still sensitive
.

possible that the chlorine in the water is what you are sensitive
too....which could be removed with a simple whole house taste and odor
filter system.

Would a filter system address my second concern - clean dish and clean
shower (less calcium built-up)?

In addition I thought the installation of a whole house filter system is
equally hard if not harder and the re-occuring cost of a filter system is
more expensive (salt is cheap).

-w

The "bladder" should be membrane. Having a softener before a softener is
'required' unless the amount of hardness, iron and manganese dictates one.
And then it depends on the RO. No disposable cartridge filter will help with
the dishes etc..

Gary
Quality Water Associates
www.qualitywaterassociates.com