Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default toggle switches

Any use shoving some wd 40 into them, or did that not make any difference.
Toggle mechanisms are pretty simple devices, , a bit like the mechanical
version of a Schmidt Trigger, they have hysteresis in other words, so
anything that pushes the bias too much in one direction can make them be
stuck, but I'd have thought this was going to remain when removed unless
there is something physically moving its position when bolted down.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"williamwright" wrote in message
On 14/11/2020 22:23, Roger Hayter wrote:

The only thing I can think of is an inductive load causing the contacts
to arc
and fuse. The monitors aren't ancient very large CRT ones I suppose?

No, new Samsung ones.

I mean, the weird thing is that some of the faulty switches have come
alright once they're removed from the panel. But I have to throw them
away, obviously. I have one in my hands now. It doesn't seem to be caused
by stress on the 1/4" connectors.

Bill