Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Running co-ax

On Sat, 14 Nov 2020 18:08:53 +0000, Andrew wrote:

On 14/11/2020 17:32, Jack Harry Teesdale wrote:
On 14/11/2020 17:21, soup wrote:
Not a want as such just put my mind at ease.

I spent today running co-ax cable from the loft to run the telly free
view.
This co-ax/freeview is emergency back up for if the Fire TV stick
/internet fails
So fire stick fall back to Freeview because I got ****ed of paying
Virgin[1] to watch ads.

I was fairly careful when I was running the co-ax down various 'holes'
not to touch pipework, I am worried though that the cable may move and
touch the pipework .
Will the co-ax cope with touching domestic hot water pipes or will
this heat load cause the cable insulation to degrade or off-gas?

[1] Have decided to ditch Virgin altogether (had phone,TV and internet
from them).* And move to Vodaphone. They have installed gigafast cable
to here (Balerno outskirts of Edinburgh[one of only 15 cities to get
gigafast]) so getting internet from them, they 'throw' in a phone line .
TV as 'said' Firestick with freeview backup.

It is not a good idea to have pvc insulation in permanant contact with
central heating hot water pipes. Could you not use clips to secure the
coax away from the pipes?

Why not ?. It survives UV light out of doors.

At what temperature would a pipe radiate UV?
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away