Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim...[_2_] tim...[_2_] is offline

Default Running co-ax

"soup" wrote in message
Not a want as such just put my mind at ease.

I spent today running co-ax cable from the loft to run the telly free
view.
This co-ax/freeview is emergency back up for if the Fire TV stick
/internet fails
So fire stick fall back to Freeview because I got ****ed of paying
Virgin[1] to watch ads.

I was fairly careful when I was running the co-ax down various 'holes' not
to touch pipework, I am worried though that the cable may move and touch
the pipework .
Will the co-ax cope with touching domestic hot water pipes or will this
heat load cause the cable insulation to degrade or off-gas?

[1] Have decided to ditch Virgin altogether (had phone,TV and internet
from them). And move to Vodaphone. They have installed gigafast cable to
here (Balerno outskirts of Edinburgh[one of only 15 cities to get
gigafast]) so getting internet from them, they 'throw' in a phone line .
TV as 'said' Firestick with freeview backup.

sorry to hijack this

but what does FS do for me.

assuming that I'm not prepared to sub to Netflix or whatever what does it
give me

Just the main 5 channel catch up services (plus their baby channels)

or something more?

TIA

tim