Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Running co-ax

On 14/11/2020 19:44, michael adams wrote:
"williamwright" wrote in message

All plastics have melting points above the boiling point of water. Central heating
systems do not run at boiling point. A round cross-section cable touching a round
cross-section pipe wouldn't have a large area of contact but the cable would have a
large surface area with which to dissipate heat.

Like I said before (and it seems nobody was taking a blind bit of notice) in a lifetime
of fixing aerials and dishes I never once saw this problem.

Bill

Out of curiosity I found the following

Clip On Hot Water Pipe Thermometer 0-120C 63MM Temperature Gauge

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thermometer.../dp/B01N8SQS54

Which goes up to 120C Which suggests the pipes themselves can exceed
the temperature of boiling water which is 100C. Most other pipe
thermometers seem to go to 120C as well. Not that I'd claim to
understand how this makes any sense.

But if you clip it on to a CH pipe or domestic hot water pipe the
reading will be around 70C.