Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Runner Runner is offline

Default can't figure correct resistance for teflon coated copper wire

On 11/13/20 3:07 PM, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 11/13/20 12:57 PM, legg wrote:
I don't recommend electric blankets. For a multitude
of reasons.

I just bought a new one.
I turn it one 20-30 minutes before I go to bed.
I turn it off when I go to bed.
But when I go to bed, the bed is nice and warm.
Beats the **** out of laying there swearing for 15-20
minutes waiting for the bed to finally get warm.

If a Sunbeam, good luck keeping it working. I went through three in
five years before finally going the DIY route. I'm not sure what's
happened to them. I couldn't even get any of the ones I bought to last
out the season. I think it has something to do with the current circuit
they use and the blanket wiring. Growing up, my parents and I had their
blankets and they lasted 15 years before I unfortunately tossed them a
decade ago.