Mark & Shauna

Default drywall v. skim coat plaster

Plaster will most certainly stick to drywall. We have had occasion to
skim coat over drywall many times however it is harder as the drywall
sucks the water out of the mix but it will work fine.

Pertaining to the OP running drywall into skim coat, you do have to use
joint compound only because you cant feather / sand plaster in a
butt/lap situation very well. Even on big jobs plasterers will use
compound to feather out the start/stop points on large walls.

Mark

New Arty Boy wrote:
"DaveC" wrote in message
al.net...

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 09:09:50 -0700, Misterbeets wrote
(in article ):

It's obviously not drywall (not as flat), and that's a good thing, since
drywall is the lower cost alternative .
Harder finish reflects more noise, makes for tougher repairs, and isn't
nail-friendly.

Where drywall meets plaster wall, do you tape the corner using plaster or
drywall mud? (Drywall I'm using is green-back gypsum.)

Thanks,
--
DaveC

Drywall mud