Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jonathan Jonathan is offline

Default Cleaning kitchen extractor filter

On Wednesday, November 11, 2020 at 8:47:20 PM UTC, ss wrote:
On 11/11/2020 20:40, wrote:
On Wednesday, 11 November 2020 19:51:28 UTC, Gib Bogle wrote:
We had tenants in our house for 6 months, and they obviously did
a lot of frying. The metal mesh filters in the oven extractor
hood are very clogged up with grease. I know from experience
that these are hard to clean - there must be a good way to do
it. Any suggestions?

Put them with the oven racks in a bag/pouch of Oven Clean.

Owain

I did read somewhere a while back you shouldnt wash in dishwasher, cant
remember why maybe to do with some coating or other on them.
Google may throw up some answers.

The instructions for the one in our holiday let said use the dishwasher.

Jonathan