Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default LED solar powered lights

On 12/11/2020 16:11, Chris Holmes wrote:

Hi All,

My brother wants some lights to go atop some small pillars in his garden.

Hed like LED solar powered.

Can anyone recommend any that will work for a few hours operation having
charged under our winter skies? Or is it a non starter?

Basically a none starter for solar powered anything in winter.

Depending on why he wants garden lighting the optimum solution may well
be a PIR activated LED lamp along these lines. I have one at my back
door so you can see the bell push and keyhole in mid winter. It lasts a
couple of years on one set of 3xC batteries with typical use profile.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beams-MB360...dp/B01KNW3WXQ/

The exact model I have has long since been discontinued but this one
looks broadly comparable although brighter. LEDs improve with time...

--
Regards,
Martin Brown