Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default How to remove tile glue?

Nephew's house, an old farm built in the 1940s, original hardwood floors. Tile flooring added in 1970s, then later topped with carpet.

They are remodeling/updating. They want to restore the hardwood floors.
The old tile has black glue adhesive. The glue is removable with kerosene, but they don't want the lingering kerosene odor.

I haven't seen the stuff, was only sent pics. We need advice for removing this glue the easiest way. I don't know what kind of glue this is, though I think it may be contact cement.

Any input and advice is welcome as to how may be the best way, the best product to use to remove the glue. Might any of you guys know?

Pics, scroll right for 3 more pics.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/438361...posted-public/

Thanks for any help.
Sonny