Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Tidying cables

On 10/11/2020 19:58, williamwright wrote:
On 10/11/2020 10:56, newshound wrote:
Sorry, as others have already said I thought you might have seen and
been thinking of the white rectangular trunking with clip-on lids that
you find in sheds and hardware shops. It's meant for indoor use so is
not very well UV stabilised.

Yes it's no good outdoors.

To be fair, with the UV stabilised stuff so far I have not had any
problem. I have a run of 38x25mm trunking that runs down the side of the
house[1] - on a south facing wall with little or no shade, and after 12
years is showing no signs of degradation.

[1] The anticipation was that I would insulate the outside of the house
and lose it under the cladding at some point, but so far I have not
mustered the enthusiasm to do the insulation!

--
Cheers,

John.