Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default Cleaning kitchen extractor filter

On 11/11/2020 19:51, Gib Bogle wrote:

We had tenants in our house for 6 months, and they obviously did a lot of frying. The metal mesh filters in the oven extractor hood are very clogged up with grease. I know from experience that these are hard to clean - there must be a good way to do it. Any suggestions?

The instructions for my Lamona cooker hood say:

First remove the grease filters by pulling down on the handle and
pulling them away from the extractor.

€¢ Soak the grease filters in hot water and washing up liquid for about
an hour.
€¢ Rinse them off thoroughly with hot water.
€¢ Repeat the process if required.
€¢ Refit the grease filters once they have dried.

If it is used in recirculation mode the carbon filters will probably
need replacing. These are about £20 a pair.

(I don't use the fan on mine as it is too noisy even at the slowest
setting, and since it doesn't actually extract to the outside I don't
see the point in it. The light is useful though.)

--
Max Demian