Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Carvin B2000 bass amp won't power on, need schematic.

David Farber wrote:
===================

** FYI Dave,

The marketing for this model (B2000) is totally wrong.

1. It is not a "mono block"- it has two distinct power channels that must drive two different speakers.

2. It sure as HELL ain't "class D" Either.

The PSU tracks so it is "clearly class H"

WTF ???

Hi Phil,

When I was still trying to figure out if the schematic matched the pc
board, I mentioned in passing that the second channel audio amplifier
components were not installed. There are however marked out spaces for
them. In summary, any components that refer to CH2 do not exist.

** So you posted the wrong schematic.

Bound to be many differences when the PSU only has to power 1 channel instead of 2.

As to
whether it is class D or class H (I don't think my electronics training
from the 1970's went past class C),

** No, classes G and H are more recent inventions.

If you have not kept up with the literature (ie electronics magazines) since the early 70s you are living in the dark ages. Before the internet ruined everything, I used to buy 4 magazines each month. Only one of them is still published.

Wireless World from the UK was the best, but it folded years ago.

I'll leave that up to you and in the
meantime, I'll turn to the internet to update my knowledge about the
alphabet soup of amplifier classes.

** Be sure not to confuse the topic with "alphabet people".

...... Phil