Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Farber David Farber is offline

Default Carvin B2000 bass amp won't power on, need schematic.

On 11/10/2020 9:22 PM, Phil Allison wrote:
David Farber wrote:

==================

** FYI Dave,

The marketing for this model (B2000) is totally wrong.

1. It is not a "mono block"- it has two distinct power channels that must drive two different speakers.

2. It sure as HELL ain't "class D" Either.

The PSU tracks so it is "clearly class H"

WTF ???

.... Phil

Hi Phil,

When I was still trying to figure out if the schematic matched the pc
board, I mentioned in passing that the second channel audio amplifier
components were not installed. There are however marked out spaces for
them. In summary, any components that refer to CH2 do not exist. As to
whether it is class D or class H (I don't think my electronics training
from the 1970's went past class C), I'll leave that up to you and in the
meantime, I'll turn to the internet to update my knowledge about the
alphabet soup of amplifier classes.

Thanks for your reply.
--
David Farber