Posted to alt.home.repair
major major is offline

Default oil spill on concrete, how to remove?

Had a recent motor oil quart slowly leek onto a ribbed concrete surface.
Not all of it leaked, but it left a slick about 2 feet in diameter. I
have tried to clean it up with materials I had on hand, mainly absorbing
as much as I could with potting soil and sand, then scrubbing the
remainder with Dawn dishwashing liquid solution, paper towels dipped
into that, and then I would scrub. Looks like I got most of it, but I
still see some remaining. Best way to remove that would be welcome.
Thanks.