Posted to uk.d-i-y
No Name No Name is offline

Default How to drill a hole in a noggin half way down a stud partitionwall?

In article ,
No Name wrote:
Even if you managed to get a 2m drill extension and successfully drilled
a hole without the drill wandering off course you'll have a hell of a
job poking cable through a hole in a noggin half way down a PB wall.

I have two holes in the top wall plate, one for light and the other for
viewing... a stiff rod is all I need....

Can I ask how often you have done this sort of thing before?

I have drilled lots of holes in both studs and joists and
wallplates..... as I was upgrading the room's facilities, I used the
cut a rectangle of PB out and drill said noggin/dwang with a wood bit
and a right angled drill then the whole troom got decorated.

In this case, I already have a fully decorated upstairs room with
laminate flooring that is fully multimedia equipped, but I now need an
extra 2 co-ax and an extra 2 cat6 ethernet.