Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim...[_2_] tim...[_2_] is offline

Default Tidying cables

"T i m" wrote in message
On Tue, 10 Nov 2020 02:40:58 +0000, williamwright
wrote:

On 10/11/2020 01:16, T i m wrote:
There are some fairly new flats nearby where the (distributed) TV
cables are run round the outside of the buildings, just in a bundle
clipped to the outside wall. Did they not know they would need a
communal aerial feed when they built the places?

It's because they didn't allow for Sky+.

Oh? I've never had any Sky anything (well, a mate gave me a new/unused
Sky box and I took the 500GB HDD out of it before recycling the rest),
so why does that need that couldn't have been catered for via the std
communal cabling system

because people want both a TV Aerial Connection and a Sky connection

And Sky+ requires 2 cables not 1

... and what new build wouldn't have built in
ducting for such things, allowing for any retro-fit to any flat from
the communal comms cupboard? [1]

every new build I have lived in.

there may be trucking for part of the route, but a large percentage of it is
plastered behind a wall - people usually don't want their TV in a hallway