Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default How to drill a hole in a noggin half way down a studpartition wall?

www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
On 09/11/2020 20:07, No Name wrote:
Right, I need to drop some networking and coaxial cables down from the
loft into a bedroom.

Drilling a hole in the ceiling wall plate is easy from the loft side to
pass said cables through.

half way down the wall is a noggin.

I wish to mount the wall socket lower down than this noggin and run the
cables to the wall socket.

I dont really want to cut a hole in the PB to access said noggin to
drill a through hole.

Is there such a thing as a 1.5m m long drill bit extender I can place
between my wood boring bit and the electric drill?

being able to do this would be a time and a making good time saver!

Personally I'd chop out a square of plasterboard that spanned both sides
of the noggin and cut a rebate into the front side rather than a hole.

Even if you managed to get a 2m drill extension and successfully drilled
a hole without the drill wandering off course you'll have a hell of a
job poking cable through a hole in a noggin half way down a PB wall.

Not that hard if you have a set of those flexible rods from Aldi/Lidl for
pulling cables through. A bit tricky but I would say definitely doable.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls