Posted to alt.home.repair
TimR[_2_] TimR[_2_] is offline

Default Cable Wiring

On Monday, November 9, 2020 at 12:59:13 PM UTC-5, Clare Snyder wrote:
I have had reasonable luck installing "keystones" (rj45 plugs) on
stranded patch cables and I have also purchaced MANY ready made cables
with solid conductors. (often for about the cost of the connectors
alone, for up to 25 ft of cable - The joys of china "dumping" product
in North America -)

This will be new to me. During my amateur radio days (I was NX9L at one point, lost the call sign when I didn't get the renewal mail overseas) I soldered a good number of PL259 and SO239s. One of them survived a 20 meter beam and rotator blown off the mast and dangling from the connectors I'd soldered. Punching down into a keystone jack sounds doable, just attention to detail I guess.