Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Cable Wiring

On Mon, 9 Nov 2020 07:53:34 -0800 (PST), TimR
wrote:

On Sunday, November 8, 2020 at 3:22:30 PM UTC-5, Jim Joyce wrote:
My experience is limited there, but every patch cord I've taken apart has
been stranded conductors to provide improved flexibility, while the bulk
cable I've worked with has been solid conductor. I think you'd have a
harder time punching down stranded conductors.

I did not know that. Thanks. So it's solid wire and keystones. (and any holes I drill don't have to accommodate the connectors. )

I have had reasonable luck installing "keystones" (rj45 plugs) on
stranded patch cables and I have also purchaced MANY ready made cables
with solid conductors. (often for about the cost of the connectors
alone, for up to 25 ft of cable - The joys of china "dumping" product
in North America -)