Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Worktops

On 09/11/2020 10:45, Andy Burns wrote:
GB wrote:

It is polished concrete, ie the top surface is a very smooth grey. I
didn't see it being made, but I assume that concrete is a misnomer.

Here's one I watched the other week ... they can be sealed, but I still
don't like the look.

https://youtu.be/llWsYmrnMUo?t=55

I'm not quite sure what sand/cement mix he used, but it's obviously very
fine, so not concrete at all.

I'm impressed with how much work is involved in the process. At the end,
you either love it, or you don't. I don't. So, all that effort and
expense ... and it ends up a bit meh.

Also, I assume the seal is just a two part varnish, so that's not very
heat-proof, which rather negates the purpose of the concrete in the
first place.