Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Mobile phone

In message l.net,
Dave Liquorice writes
On Sun, 8 Nov 2020 23:04:02 +0000, Tim Lamb wrote:

Deleting the google account will definitely break the link to

google
but I have feeling the phone will complian about not being able to
"phone home" and it may affect your access to the playstore.

I have zero interest in the play store. I suppose system updates would
be missed.

Not sure I think updates use a seperate mechanisum, cofidence factor
10%...

I would use phone, SMS messaging, camera, mapping/gps and very little
else.

I have a desktop for mail, shopping, storing photos etc.

Record the google account login details and delete the account on the
phone. If the whingeing is disruptive just recreate the account and
turn off all the sync options.

I haven't yet signed in. Nervous days:-) I have a relatively unused
google account through my desktop anyway.

I suspect mapping is in the play store.

There used to be global phone "turn off sync" option but that may
have diappeared in more recent versions of Android or been buried...

Early days yet. Basically I need a grandchild or so to educate me:-)

--
Tim Lamb