Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Mobile phone

On 08/11/2020 16:58, Tim Lamb wrote:

My Motoe5 play is not hugely user friendly in that it seems to expect
everything to be run through my Google account!

It worth having it ties to *a* google account, even if not one you use
for other stuff, since it can then do a bunch of stuff that is genuinely
useful and worth having.

One you have contacts backed up on an account, its much easier to go to
contacts.google.com on a computer and edit them there than on the phone.
Same as "messages for web" makes it much easier to send and read SMS on
the computer.

Tempting to go out and buy a cheap basic 4g phone from Tesco.

Import from SIM is a standard part of the contacts app, if you go to
settings on the menu.

https://support.google.com/contacts/...droid&hl=en-GB

--
Cheers,