Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electronic construction kits

On Sun, 08 Nov 2020 19:44:13 +0000, Dave W wrote:

Ah Meccano! Every year my mother bought me an upgrade to convert the set
into the next one up. I got to No.9, but the 10 set was a no-no, being
twice as expensive as No.9.

I got a No. 4 set for Christmas one year. A local shop did 'spares', and
I gradually built up to a No. 5, a No. 6, all the way up to a No. 10. My
best friend did the same, and then we built massive models with the
resulting 'No. 20' kit!

I also had Bayko, which was interesting but I was never inspired to buy
more (I had quite a decent set).

And the Philips kit, the advanced one. That started me on electronics.