Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lighting to a shed

On Sat, 07 Nov 2020 21:09:43 GMT, JohnP wrote:

Aim is important - too many are aimed to dazzle the housholder and the
people across the road and to light up the sky.

Tell me about it. There's a fram across the valley 3/4 of a mile away
and 275' lower than us that used to have two(*) LP sodium lights on
when every it is dark to illuminate up their yard. We get enough
light from them to cast very decernable shadows, in fact you can
probably read by them!

The design assists this bad practice.

Most flood light are badly designed, they all ought to be designedso
that you have to make special effort to send any light above the
horizontal. WTF this farm wants to light up half the valley and sky I
can't imagine. It's wasted light, tilt the fittings down and they'd
have more light in their yard.

(*) There's only one now, perhaps one has failed...

--
Cheers
Dave.