Posted to uk.d-i-y
wasbit[_2_] wasbit[_2_] is offline

Default Lighting to a shed

"charles" wrote in message
In article ,
wasbit wrote:
"F" news@nowhere wrote in message
o.uk...
Management is asking for a light on the garden shed. It's around 5
metres
from the house with a paving slab patio between the two. There is a
possible route round the edge under some block paving and then under a
gravel run.

Could the supply be taken from, say, a fused spur fed from the nearest
internal 13 amp socket (the utility room)? If so, what cabling and
protection would be required between the two?

This is not necessarily DIY but I would like an idea on what to expect
if
we go ahead and put it out to a professional.

If it's just for use as an outside light to show you the path, look at a
battery powered LED security light.
As it's LEDs & only on for minutes at a time the batteries last ages.

I found one, earlier in the year, where the solar panel is on a long cable
away from the light. This means the light itself can be mounted where the
sun never shines.

Battery powered, not solar, which allows them to be mounted where most
convenient.

Of course it will depend on whether the OP considers them a suitable
solution or even a partial or temporary solution.

Last year I installed 3 for different OAPs. 2 over their back doors to show
up any callers & give a little light to the path. The third was mounted on
the inside of the gate on a 20m long pathway to show the way when she came
home after dark.

--
Regards
wasbit