Posted to uk.d-i-y
marika marika is offline

Default Cleaning paving slabs

On Saturday, November 7, 2020 at 4:52:55 AM UTC-6, Roger Hayter wrote:
On 7 Nov 2020 at 10:43:20 GMT, "Chris Green" wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 06/11/2020 20:59, F wrote:
We've got a patio made up of light coloured concrete paving slabs with a
slightly rough texture. I've used a Karcher power washer to remove the
compost that the resident gardener has managed to tread into them but
there's a green stain (algae?) that's pretty resistant to removal.

Anyone got any suggestions on what might shift it?

Green goes with bleach and heavy power washing. Its the black ones that
are impossible to shift.

Does everyone *really* worry all that much about what colour their
patio paving ends up as it weathers? Our patio paving (two areas
outside sliding doors outside the house and one area round the pond)
just get cleared of the weeds that pop up through the cracks and
that's it. If they go funny colours with lichen or other such things
then that's part of their attraction IMHO.

You don't clean all the funny patches off the bark of beech or silver
birch trees (or do you).

That's how I feel about the 3cm deep moss on my outside concrete. Not
everyone agrees with me though, especially the hedge sparrows which rip out
great chunks of it looking for invertebrates.

--
Roger Hayter

The cats don't eat the sparrows? They would eat a komodo dragon

we sold our house and I had a great deal of agitation about what to do about two patios (one concrete and brick) that were not cosmetically special. Had a friend who wanted to power wash, but some of the bricks were loose and I did not think that was a good idea. These advices are good for the next set of patios I have to sell. The buyer took the house s is, making it all moot.

Now all I have is a small balcony, which is getting weathered looking after ten years, but in addition, post hurricane last week seems to have developed a nasty crack.

I have been hearing a cat since i moved back

I figured he was on someones Balcony

Nope he is roaming around

We have a leash law in our leases

I do not know why the cat is allowed

Also this may be the ugliest cat on planet esrth

It is orange, and looks like a huge furry shoe box on legs

Bet he is ten years or more old, his fur looks crazy not well groomed

I cannot help but wonder if he is feral

I would still hang some suet from a basket for the birds especially with winter coming up

I guess I will clean it up some day but not now.

That's going to make the balcony even messier.

mk5000

So unaware
As one-by-one your subjects
Vanish into air
Chatter to the wind==King Of Insects (Red Sparrow Remix) Lyrics by Assemblage 23