Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default Electronic construction kits

On 07/11/2020 10:19, Pancho wrote:
On 07/11/2020 08:43, Graeme wrote:
In message , gareth evans
writes
Does anyone here remember what was the precursor
to the Philips Radionic series?

I had the Philips Electronic Engineer kit, then, later, the add on
kit. There were similar kits by Tri-ang, then the Inventor series
which was made by Lionel (the train people) in the US, and sold here
by Tri-ang under licence.Â* I had the Bell telephone kit.Â* All good fun
at the time, but no real long term interest.

On the other hand, I still have, and use, Bayko, Meccano, Dinky and
Hornby Trains.Â* Rather more now than I received as a child :-)

I had a Philips Radionic series, I even read the manual about how
transistors worked. It was OK, a bit dull by modern standards.

....but as you say, I loved Meccano, and longed for extra kits.

I inherited my older brother's Meccano.

I also had Brickplayer, kits of clay tiles you stuck together with
flour-and-water paste. There were plastic doors and windows and roofs of
card you stuck together. You could disassemble the bricks by soaking the
building in water to make something else.

--
Max Demian