Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jedzi Jedzi is offline

Default New bathroom sink tap in old bathroom

On Monday, November 2, 2020 at 12:36:47 PM UTC, Dave Liquorice wrote:

I need to replace the hot tap in my bathroom sink.

Why? Leaking gland? Unless that shaft is very worn and tightening the gland nut and/or repacking the gland might suffice. Dripping, replace the washer, if the seat isn't cracked.

The basic problem is that the very, very old plastic head just turns on the valve, so either the valve or the head has lost it's thread. Ive been to my local plumbers merchant. They told me that you cant get this type of valve anymore, photo he https://bit.ly/3n2Rdw9

I messaged an online plumbing store and they recommended a conversion kit: https://bit.ly/366v5Kk Unfortunately it came with no instructions and I can't find anything useful on the web. I've spent ages looking at it, but can't see how to fit it. https://shorturl.at/hDMX8

So I'd given up on these attempts and decided to try and change the whole tap. I'd be very happy to be told I've missed something and there's a much easier way.

Jedzi