Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Default Galvonic isolator position

In article ,
charles wrote:
Interestingly, I had, in the analogue days, hum on my tv signal when it
rained. Took a bit of tracing: VCR had a potential on it's earth which
travelled up the downlead into my aerial combiner. When it rained it
found a path to earth down the wall. There was a drop of about 3v
between the output and input earths and this transferred itself to the
wanted signal and ended up on the picture. Solved by grounding the
input coax to the VCR.

Never quite understood how many co-ax socket screens are directly
connected to ground. Given the aerial doesn't need a DC path there.

--
*I never drink anything stronger than gin before breakfast *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.