Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur

Default Galvonic isolator position

On 06/11/2020 21:41, Tim+ wrote:
Ian Jackson wrote:
In message , charles
writes

But this might have failed in Jim's case. For my info - how does the phone
signal get past the blocking capacitor?

Virgin provides internet and TV at RF (5MHz to 1000+MHz, via coax) - and
I was assuming that that was what Jim was talking about. Phone will be
on twisted-pair phonelines.

Um, not in my house. Phone plugs into router (which only has a coax link to
the outside world).

Tim

IIRC phone is demodulated in the 'modem' from some sort of RF signal.

--
How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.

Adolf Hitler