Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electronic construction kits

I think the Radionics company in Three Bridges made my brass strip one and
it was hard wearing. Tandy used to sell a breadboarding system with springs,
but they were notorious for bad connections and crackling.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Robert" wrote in message
On 06/11/2020 17:28, gareth evans wrote:
Does anyone here remember what was the precursor
to the Philips Radionic series?

I am thinking of about 1963 which is a few years
before the Philips X20 et seq came about.

I lusted after one of those kits but with 5 of us
brothers and sisters, the Xmas budget limited
each of us to Xmas presents costing £1 only and the electronics kit
was about £3.

I seem to remember the can type transistors in these sets had "fragile"
legs not really designed for reinserting in the springs used as
connectors.
A leg would break off and they were very expensive to replace.