Posted to sci.electronics.repair
brucek[_2_] brucek[_2_] is offline

Default voltage of dimmer output not reading same on two different DVM's

major Wrote in message:r
I am using a 12 V 20 amp lamp dimmer to control some LED lighting. While my two DVM's show nearly equal input voltage to the dimmer, they both read separate voltages on the output side. One is reading 9 V and the other 4 V. I am trying to determine wattage output at various dimmer settings. Why the different in voltage readings on two different DVM's and how to remedy?

i'd guess because they are non-sinusoidal outputs and one of the meters is not true rms
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazon...net/index.html