Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default My nemesis, that leaf blower again...

So, my leaf blower that has been a source of much trouble in the past
just started in again. Last two times it was that the piston ring had
carbonized and stuck. This time, IDK haven't started on it yet.
Fortunately it worked for what needed to be done, so I have a week or
so to fix it or get a new one.

Here is what happened this time. I've been using it occasionally, more
recently I used it a week ago and it ran perfectly. At that time I
was filling it with mixed fuel from a 1 gal jug. Yesterday it started
up ran fine, until it was running out of gas, or at least I thought it
was. The gas was low, but after the rest of what happened, I thought
back and I think it may not have been as low as it normally is when
it starts to starve for gas. So I filled it up again, this time what
was left in the jug was the very end of that volume, it basically was
enough to just fill it. Started right up, ran for a couple of minutes,
then started having problems, unable to run at full speed, struggling.

So I immediately wondered if that last gas had something to do with it.
I mixed up a fresh tank, poured out what was in the blower and filled
it with the new mix. Started right up and ran perfectly fine again.
For about 15 mins that is. Then suddenly started crapping out again.
I did notice that if I tipped the front end down, it would pick up
and run better again. But that only lasted for a couple mins, then
it went out.

My first suspicion is that something could be wrong with
the fuel lines, like maybe broken off inside the tank? When I pump
the bulb I can see fuel flowing, which seems to discount that, you'd
think it would be sucking air. So, IDK, have to start investigating.
Any guesses?