On Wednesday, November 4, 2020 at 6:20:14 PM UTC-6, wrote:
I think you will find it hard to get a budget 3D scanner and 3D
printer to make acceptable knobs with any type of fine detail. Or fine
finishes for that matter. Some folks print stuff using ABS and then
polish the stuff in an acetone vapor chamber of some sort. That can
work pretty well. But still the best resolution of inexpensive
printers is ends up to be, in a practical sense, about .25mm, or .010"
at the finest. The cheapest 3D scanners that will scan stuff to a
resolution of .1mm, or .004" start at about 700 bucks.
Eric
On Wed, 4 Nov 2020 07:11:35 -0800 (PST), "Peter W."
wrote:

I am looking for suggestions on a 3D printer & scanner - either as one piece of hardware, or two. My needs are both small and simple. Such things as knobs, handles and similar parts with no dimension longer than about 5" (130mm). I don't need speed, but I would appreciate accuracy and the ability to reproduce details such as knurling and scrolling on small parts.

I am somewhat price driven, but not to the level of absurdity. Nor am I any sort of adept with the software, never having done it before. So, simple-is-good.

Thanks in advance!

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

Creality has a huge following on Facebook and support can be found in a lot of places. You can find parts for it in many places if required.
Creality Ender 3 for about $200. Nice build volume 220x220x250mm and heated bed for ABS filament. I recommend building an enclosure if using ABS to reduce warping.
The Creality CR-10S can be found for under $400 and has a large build volume 300 x 300 x 400mm. This is what I would replace my Da Vinci 1.0a with in the future. Beast of a machine and it costs less than what I paid for my machine.

*PS you will have to assemble these printers yourself. I didn't have any issues with the Ender 3 I bought my little brother. Prints better than mine..