Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Caspersz Adrian Caspersz is offline

Default replacement TV advice

On 04/11/2020 13:14, Broadback wrote:
I cannot receive a decent terrestrial signal so am connected to Freesat
via a dish. I also have a sound bar and a Humax. It is fine but overly
complicated to use. If I am not around my wife has problems. Is there
any where I can get unbiased advice on the way forward please? I would
like something, TV wise, like the the Samsung 52 inch we have.

You need a 'granny reset button', or a written sheet of procedures that
will get to a defined "you can do what you want when you get here".

Should be possible to make the Humax have forced control of everything
with the remote, should be no need to change HDMI settings on the TV.

Make sure the soundbar (if using HDMI) is using ARC connected to the TV.
If it is using Bluetooth, well - a written sheet of procedures when that
breaks (or dump it).

How old is the Humax? What model?

Perhaps there is a new one, that is more friendly to use?

Why not introduce her to streaming? Their on-screen interfaces may be a
bit easier to work with, programme details are clearly advertised and
its on demand - no wandering about different channels hoping ...

Or just get her, her own TV. There are a few with built in satellite
decoders.

--
Adrian C